Monday, August 02, 2004

WOW that took me an hour!

OK now that you know me, why don't we say hello? HELLO!

Alright the past weekend we went to all three Padres games against the hated Dodgers. Well I don't really hate them. I'm more a baseball fan than a team fan so whatever. The first game was a 12-3 snorefest. The other two were AWESOME! Other than April 8th I'd say they were the best games I've seen in some time. Great defensive plays, late comebacks. My kind of baseball.

You know I'm sitting here typing and trying to be funny and amusing but I just don't feel it right now. You don't mind if I'm dry do you? Good cause that's how you're getting it. Dry and rough.

Music...saw tony play the Casbah July 26th as a member of Red Pony Clock. Bad set but I got the CD anyways and they're not bad. Kinda like late Beatles with some latin influences. Good stuff overall. Since I'm listening to just about everything these days. Alternative, Grunge, Indie Rock, 80's pop, R&B, new & old punk, new & old rap, metal, folk pop, folk rock, ska, reggae, classical, Brit pop, goth, you name it. Even Drum & Bugle Corps stuff.

Movies...want to see so many movies right now. Fahrenheit 9/11, Some Kind of Monster, The Village, The Manchurian Candidate, The Bourne Supremecy, Drum Corps International, Harold & Kumar go to White Castle, sorta wanna see King Arthur, The Terminal. Perhaps I'll see Napleon Dynamite.

Old movies I love...Pulp Fiction, Resevoir Dogs, Office Space, Kevin Smith stuff, Princess Bride, Kill Bill, LOTR, Harry Potter gets me (why?), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Pirates of the Caribbean, Willy Wonka, etc. Best horror movies include Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist. Blair Witch was scary when it first came out. Other movies I've enjoyed but haven't stuck as favorites include Jurassic Park, Titanic, Star Wars, the Nightmare on Elm Street series, and other stuff.

Still a Transformers freak. Will never accept anything other than Gen One though. If it ain't original it ain't Transformers no matter what the package says. I miss Thundercats too.
GI Joe, M.A.S.K. and He-Man. Did we have some great cartoons in the 80s or what? Even ESPN was better from about 85-96 or so. Miss the original Nickelodeon shows like Today's Special, Pinwheel, and most of all You Can't Do That on Television. even original Double Dare.

Alright enough reminiscning. See you tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home