Sunday, November 06, 2005

Memorial recap...

PICTURES INCLUDED NOW!

Met at my Aunt and Uncle's around 9:30 and by 11am everyone had arrived.

We all headed to Heritage Community Park in Rancho Cucamonga and while quite informal, the event was deeply spiritual. It's hard to explain but I know she was there. It was really very emotional as one might understand.

On the front table set her picture and a portable CD/Radio playing some of her favorite Tori Amos pieces. We each spoke about our memories of her, how much we missed her and how great a setting this was. She never was one for formal events. We were at a park with an equestrian trail and she loved horses. A regular cowgirl, that one.

Anyways, we said our bits, hugged and went our way to B&Js for lots of food, drink and chitty chat. By food I mean party platters and some of my Aunt's great tortilla soup and chili. By drinks of course I mean plenty of Pepsi, Root Beer and orange soda. Anyways we stayed, got full and had a lot of good conversations, laughs, and all the sorts of things she would have loved.

2 Comments:

At 7:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetheart You always have my permission to post my ugly mug remember we are two peas in a pod
Dad

 
At 9:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danny,
My condolances, I didn't get your email until this morning when my internet was back up after moving. I hope you and your family are doing as well as can be expected right now. Perhaps I'll see you at a poker night soon,
Jo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home