Monday, June 05, 2006

Ugh...

This weekend was muggy and uncomfortably warm. It only got to about 88 degrees but that was enough to keep us pretty incapacitated. We left the house only to shop where there was a/c running. Otherwise it was a long weekend at home.

I did get to work quite a bit on a new project I've just started. I'll discuss more when I at least have the first post out of the way. In the meantime, may I ask everyone to give this podcast a listen? The Renaissance Festival Podcast (click or go here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/mage/renfest) is hosted by Kristin Roger and Marc Gunn (autoharpist and lead vocalist for The Brobdingnagian Bards as well as an avid cat lover). They play tunes by musical groups and performers that are going to be playing at various Renaissance Festivals that week. It's really great. I love the songs, the banter between Marc and Kristin and well...it's just really...shiny. Browncoats will get that reference. The rest of you need to watch Firefly and Serenity.

Those who know me know that I've been into Renaissance Faires for a little over a year and I've had sort of an obsession for English history for quite some time. At some point in April I discovered this podcast and I've been obsessed with the music ever sense. My wife teases me a bit because it's all I tend to listen to now and I can listen to the same song 50 times and never tire of it.

Meanwhile work is getting stressful but I really don't want to get into it. It has been a bit heavy on my heart recently and there's a lot of thinking I need to do before I say anything.

Please guys. Tell me how you're all doing and keep me posted. A few of you I talk to on a regular basis. The rest of you have been real quiet. Let me know you're out there...and look for an announcement from me soon on that project.

1 Comments:

At 8:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a new person on your blog.

Sorry that work has been stressful. Dh has been job hunting to I know where you're at (maybe). HOpe things are more fun, soon. And the weather here has been icky recently, too... it seems that when things suddenly get hotter (or colder) they're unbearable for a while, until we get used to it ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home