Thursday, November 10, 2005

You're a cheater, Number 12!

That's right Blaine Smith, I'm talking to you. Scott and I went to USD to catch the Toreros vs. his UCLA Bruins. The Bruins had recently clinched the Pac-10 championship but obviously left their starters in Los Angeles. The Torreros dominated with the help of over 20 fouls. A good number of them coming from Midfielder/Defender Blain Smith. Good ol' Number 12 got a good ol' ribbing by Scott in the first half. If it wasn't for the 10 mile line for food he would have gotten another half of smack talk but after going up 4-1 midway through the 2nd half, we decided to just pack up and head home. One of the only times I'll ever root for an LA squad over a San Diego squad and they have to embarass me.
I like Torrero Stadium though. Small and quaint. Reminds me a bit of Southwestern College but the courtyard between it and the Jenny Craig Pavilion is really nice. The architecture of the press box and the Pavilion screams SPAIN. I'd go there again for a football game I think. Whether that's American Football or Soccer doesn't matter. Just as long as I get to rib Blaine Smith. Dirty cheating player that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home